Friday 24 January 2014

Friday's Flusterings

After a bit of a late start this morning, (as always!) off my girl went to school without making her bed. She ALWAYS wraps up her toys in a blanket, warm and snug to keep them safe until she gets home, regardless of making her bed or not!! Today it was the turn of a Seal. So there was Seal sitting on her bed all wrapped up, when I came in. I started by folding up the extra blankets, plotting in my mind what was going to be my next action, when I thought I thought something. What's that?? Stop, Stop, Rewind, Wait! there, yes there! that was it ... "I wonder what to do with the seal, because if I take its blanket, it will get cold!" COLD?!!!! It's a STUFFED TOY, its not real!!!! I had to take action there and THEN. I stopped what I was doing, and whisked the seal out from it's snuggly warm blanket and stuck it on the dressing table ....

Yes, I did have a pang of guilt!! Poor Seal, she looked a bit sad now. So I stuck her under the blanket with a favourite doll called Annabelle. Yeah, I was a kid once, I totally get that!!


5 comments:

  1. Couldn't help but imagine Seal (as in 'kiss from a rose' seal' sat on your daughters dressing table with a grumpy face, then looking all content tucked up under a blanket with a dolly...

    I don't think I've had enough tea today, that's my only explaination - sorry! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pahahaha love that comment, HeartStitch! Great visual in my head now (Nadine straightening out the blanket and plumping up a pillow for Seal) plus in my head, it now has a soundtrack :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine made herself late yesterday because she was busy tucking Fudge the rabbit up in her bed before going to school. I got on to her one day for leaving her bedroom light on and she said in all seriousness that Fudge wasn't feeling well and was reading a book so she needed the light left on! Love the idea of THEE Seal! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwww, I had a seal too when I was a kid. Actually, I was very disappointed in you for whisking it out of it's blankie, until you snuggled it up again there at the end! Redeemed!
    My dolls and bears had feelings..........they still do actually (yeah, they live on a shelf in my wardrobe now and give me doe-eyes when I pick my clothes out).........and you have to be nice to them. REMEMBER THAT!!

    ReplyDelete