Thursday 18 December 2014

Golden Spots Or Polka Dots???

I do love to play with Paint on walls. So when recently I discovered I could no longer get the blue that was already on the walls of this little En Suite Bathroom, the decision was made that it was time for a colour change! But what colour?! 

The bathroom is off a little girls bedroom who (of course) is having a love affair with pink. Me, being a rotten mother, is denying (as much as possible) as much pink in her bedroom as I can. Not that I have anything against pink. I love the colour! But it is so easily overused and dominates over other colours, especially in regards to girls! SO on wanting pink walls in her bedroom, instead of lovely white ones ... she got pink spots instead! 


Not quite the pink walls she wanted, but she was delighted with the effect! In the en~suite there is a pink blind, it WAS against blue walls and I liked the way they popped. So as I was one day, yet again, wondering the isles of tins of paint looking for inspiration, a colour jumped out at me and was then purchased. The bathroom scheme began.

Due to the fact of having to give the shower some maintenance, painting the bathroom was delayed. During this time I discovered a huge photograph that gave the decoration of the bathroom a bit of a theme! I was super excited. Ideas began to pop pop pop in my mind and because of the gold in the picture, I decided the wall needed gold spots (or are they polka dots?? I am not sure of the difference really!) 


And THEN browsing instagram not long after making this decision I realised that Little Birdy here uses the perfect colours, and I contacted her about her light pulls that she makes. I was in perfect time as she was just about to paint up a batch and did one in the colours I needed! When this arrived a few days ago, I was blown away by this beauty of a piece! I used this as a pull for the shower switch and it just changed the feel of the bathroom so so much! Small details ARE important!! 


So these gold spots ... well in the end, they were done with the top off a milk bottle which a piece of foam glued for an even level and some artists acrylic gold paint. I did a bit googlizing and this is supposed to be completely fine even in steamy bathrooms! It may be gold streaks yet!! 


Now I am adding all the finishing touches, shelves and decorations and painting units to hold and hide all the usual suspects found in bathrooms .... ah I love the holidays don't you!! 




1 comment:

  1. Love it! Really looking forward to seeing the end result xx

    ReplyDelete